• Advertisement

Disposable garments

Here's a place for members to advertise and offer services to other members.
  • Advertisement

Disposable garments

Postby randypitcher » January 30th, 2015, 1:12 pm

I will be renting out a blast room in the next couple of weeks and need some protective gear. Found this website for inexpensive suits:

https://disposable-garments.com/

-Randy
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Re: Disposable garments

Postby JESS » January 30th, 2015, 2:22 pm

Good choice Randy. These are the ones I use regularly. The "disposables" are garments that were worn usually in clean rooms as sterile garments, and cannot be washed and re-used because of lint, etc. Every one I have gotten is in perfect condition, and for sandblasting, they are hard to beat. They last long, and keep out dust 10 times better than farmer overalls & such.
Fun part- some of them have attached badges or insignia!
I also keep a couple of pairs in my truck, for those times you have to crawl under to remove coyote carcases, (or just change a tire.) Lets you stay clean, then wash them & re-use them. They are worth the cost.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby randypitcher » January 30th, 2015, 7:53 pm

I purchased 7 pairs for just a little over $50 with shipping. And those were the largest size that they had. I will be copying you and putting one in my truck and one in my wife's car.
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Postby bernie » January 30th, 2015, 11:46 pm

I have used these for many years ... from these guys. I also have one in my truck and yes, it gets used.
bernie

Postby MRItravis » February 3rd, 2015, 10:57 am

Thanks for the link and info Randy!
MRItravis

Postby randypitcher » February 21st, 2015, 8:54 am

When I blasted my sign (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4853), I used one of these suits in Jess's blast room and it worked great!! It kept the grit off of me and from getting into all the wrong cracks and crevices!

However, I do have a suggestion if you plan on ordering these. Get the ones with the hood and booties if you can. Those would have made it a little better. I have to borrow Jess's hood and I had to wrap my shoes in plastic wrap. The hood and booties wold have worked a lot better!
randypitcher

Postby randypitcher » February 21st, 2015, 8:56 am

Oh, one more suggestion would be to find the size you think you need and get the next size larger! It's easier to move around in loose fitting overalls!! Trust me!!
randypitcher

Postby bernie » February 21st, 2015, 9:31 am

I wear these things until they literately fall apart. Duct tape works real well to patch up a blown out knee or crotch area.

FYI ... since I have been using these for many years, I do not recommend the foot. I used to order those and discovered slipping on grit was not cool. If you're standing in front
of a cabinet wearing these then I guess you would not be walking on grit.
I order them with or without the hoods and depending on what respirator and hood I'm using determines whether I wear hood or no hood.
Don't goof up and order the hoods separate ... tried that and they don't fit as well as the ones that are attached to the suit.

I wear muck boots, brand of boots we wear around the ranch as they slip on / off with ease, pull the leg part down over the top of the boot. Every once in awhile I
may forget to grab boots when going on an on-site job. Discovered using a garbage bag over the shoes to be dangerous slippery. I use duct tape across the laces of my tennis shoes.
Still get grit in my socks but that's what I get for forgetting my boots.

Bernie
bernie

Postby bernie » February 21st, 2015, 9:38 am

bernie wrote:I wear these things until they literately fall apart. Duct tape works real well to patch up a blown out knee or crotch area.

FYI ... since I have been using these for many years, I do not recommend the foot. I used to order those and discovered slipping on grit was not cool. If you're standing in front
of a cabinet wearing these then I guess you would not be walking on grit.
I order them with or without the hoods and depending on what respirator and hood I'm using determines whether I wear hood or no hood.
Don't goof up and order the hoods separate ... tried that and they don't fit as well as the ones that are attached to the suit.

I wear muck boots, brand of boots we wear around the ranch as they slip on / off with ease, pull the leg part down over the top of the boot. Every once in awhile I
may forget to grab boots when going on an on-site job. Discovered using a garbage bag over the shoes to be dangerous slippery. I use duct tape across the laces of my tennis shoes.
Still get grit in my socks but that's what I get for forgetting my boots.

I agree with Randy, get bigger as you will want the wiggle room.

Bernie
bernie

Return to Marketing and Services