• Advertisement

website as marketting tool

Here's a place for members to advertise and offer services to other members.
  • Advertisement

website as marketting tool

Postby kuluchicken » July 20th, 2014, 2:23 pm

Hi guys

For those of you still considering a website, I'd just like to share a personal experience.

I scratched out an extremely well priced host provider. The problem is that you get what you pay for...or otherwise they go belly up. Well, my ex-host provider is in the process of going belly up. That means a whole lot of inconsistencies...the website not always up and running, losing emails etc.

This meant that I had to redo my whole website from scratch....because I used their website builder. Needless to say, I chose carefully this time and am prepared to pay a lot more. It just takes forever to duplicate a website, so choose wisely.

You're welcome to check it out www.micheleslookingglass.co.nz If you choose a host with a good website builder it makes things a lot easier. I chose one that can accommodate a shopping basket in the future should I ever decide to go that way....I don't want to redo it a third time...I think I'd rather run away :)
kuluchicken

Re: website as marketting tool

Postby Coppers Lot » July 22nd, 2014, 10:19 am

Like the site.
How ever did you manage to get to new zealand?
40lb pressure pot with inga mods, compressor,leaky cabinet thingy with syphon,letralite with red thingy,graphtec 3000-60 BRAND NEW = 1/8" PAB Gun and tips. Special Pressure Poy for Xmas.
http://www.worldofglasscraft.com
Coppers Lot

Postby kuluchicken » July 22nd, 2014, 2:06 pm

Thanks Jess. We came to New Zealand not expecting much, but they were prepared to accept us at our age when no one else would...and what a lovely place it's turned out to be. The best move ever!
kuluchicken

Postby JESS » July 22nd, 2014, 8:34 pm

Michele-
That wasn't me, it was Tony, (Coppers lot). He uses that avatar to rib me.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby kuluchicken » July 23rd, 2014, 12:56 am

:lol: I didn't think it was you...I just glanced at it and saw Jess. I now see it says Jess's brother...shows you how unobservant one can be :DOH:
kuluchicken

Postby Coppers Lot » July 23rd, 2014, 8:32 am

I always thought you couldn't migrate to NZ if you were over 45.
Well done you, how did you manage it?
40lb pressure pot with inga mods, compressor,leaky cabinet thingy with syphon,letralite with red thingy,graphtec 3000-60 BRAND NEW = 1/8" PAB Gun and tips. Special Pressure Poy for Xmas.
http://www.worldofglasscraft.com
Coppers Lot

Postby bernie » July 23rd, 2014, 2:30 pm

I did not know there was a age limit on moving anywhere! Nor did I know you can't just move wherever one wants to move.

The US seems to have no problem letting whomever move here and it seems as soon as people get here they become eligible for benefits that a lot of us
who have lived here our entire life can't get. Hmmmm ....

Bernie
bernie

Postby JESS » July 23rd, 2014, 3:22 pm

:hook: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
JESS
Site Admin

Postby kuluchicken » July 24th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Your images are cute Jess.

Sorry, my reply seems to have got lost somehow.

Bernie, to get into the USA legally is not that easy at all, probably one of the more difficult places to get into.

Tony, the cut-off point for Australia is 45, for New Zealand luckily it was 55....and there were quite a few more hoops we had to jump through as well. Don't regret it at all...just battling a little more that I did in SA to establish my business...but everything has an up and down side.
kuluchicken

Postby JESS » July 24th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Michele-
You will have to pardon my ignorance. I was not aware, or ever would have imagined, age being a criteria for immigration. Yes, I live in a hotbed of political foolishness on the subject, living at the epicenter of the U.S.A's current dilemma, but it's a lot like a chronic disease. After a while, you learn to live with, and ignore it. After all these years, the crowds holding banners for either side begin to seem like just too many people with nothing better to do. Individually, I can do nothing about it, and can no longer trust any elected official to stand behind their campaign promises. I own property (40 acres) that is right in one of the major "corridors", and often go out to clean up the abandoned trash left by the "illegals", and make sure all of our watering tanks are full. I have three of them, and they are each marked by a windmill, which makes them visible from a distance, and hopefully occasionally save more lives than just animals.
This is nothing new. This property has been in my family since 1952, and often even then, my father would hire what was then known as "wetbacks" for a couple of day's work to help them on their way. We never met a bad person, they were just folk down on their luck.
I apologize for any semblance of flippancy, it was birthed from ignorance, not malice.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Next

Return to Marketing and Services