• Advertisement

Wedding Expos

Here's a place for members to advertise and offer services to other members.
  • Advertisement

Wedding Expos

Postby randypitcher » April 3rd, 2015, 1:58 am

Has anyone ever set up a booth at a wedding expo?

I am thinking of attending one, but the price is steep for me. However, I am hoping for a lot of couples to pick up some info for etching flutes, cake cutters, trays and whatever else I can think of to offer them.

I haven't decided yet. It depends on a lot of things!
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Re: Wedding Expos

Postby bernie » April 3rd, 2015, 8:30 am

Randy,
I will be curious as to how this works if you do it.
I seldom do anything for weddings as I hear customers say ... "well I can get it online for cheaper". They don't seem to be after quality as much as they
are after cheap.
Good Luck with this
Bernie
bernie

Re: Wedding Expos

Postby Terry W » April 3rd, 2015, 10:06 am

Randy I set up at one about 5 years ago. Not one sale and the people running it wanted me to join some deal where they had monthly shows and events and a mass email and advertising in their magazine. I did the show and passed on all the other crap. When I asked them how many of the email address were new each week they just told me that you get so many a month (don't remember what the number was now) and they did this each month. When I pressed for more info on the email it turned out it was the same list and maybe 3-4 new ones per month. That was my last contact with them.

I know 1 photographer that dealt with them and he said he had only gotten 3-4 jobs in 3 years with their networking system.Not good in my book.

A lot of those the people that attend are in the early planning stages and may not be getting married for a long time so the contacts you make now will have misplace or tossed your card long before they are ready to buy.

That was my experience and I am sure they are not all the same but just watch out for yourself. I would not do another myself but that's just me.

Hopefully you will have a few folks here that have done well at them.
Terry
Terry W

Return to Marketing and Services