• Advertisement

Hello from an Oldbie Salt Lake City

Here is where we ask you to introduce yourself, and offer a name people will know you by.
  • Advertisement

Hello from an Oldbie Salt Lake City

Postby Don Buckholts » July 26th, 2015, 7:21 am

I've been sandcarving for a number for years. I learned how with the help from some mighty nice people at cuttingedgesandcarving forum. I went by Written_in_stone on that forum. Some here might remember me. I'm guessing that cutting edge forum is gone. I don't know what happened to that forum. I have taken a break for some time due to a new job and compressor problems. I mostly do stones carving. I was rely glad to haven this forum as I have missed seeing and hearing what others a doing. :grin:
Don Buckholts

Re: Hello from an Oldbie Salt Lake City

Postby Kelly Harris » July 26th, 2015, 7:34 am

Hi Don,

Welcome to AZGC and I do remember you from CES, I went by Shelby. You'll probably find many people that you recognize here but Jess is the one that made this site happen and does an excellent job of keeping it running ship shape. Feel free to poke around and for a minimal membership fee you'll be opened up to everything available!

Glad you found us!

Kelly
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby JESS » July 26th, 2015, 10:16 am

Welcome Don, and thanks for the intro. Glad you found us!
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Charles » July 26th, 2015, 11:19 am

Don , Happy you found us here, get that compressor fixed and get us some pics of what you are doing!!!!

Charles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby Don Buckholts » July 26th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Thanks for your reply! I feel I'm home again. Just paid my $25. and will be looking to see what you have been up to. Jess thanks for setting up this forum!!!

I don't know if it ok to ask about CES and what happened ? But I felt lost when I could not find it.
Don Buckholts

Postby randypitcher » July 26th, 2015, 5:43 pm

Welcome from Mesa, AZ
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Postby Terry W » July 26th, 2015, 6:40 pm

Hi Don and welcome

I remember you from CES. Glad you found us and are getting back to blasting. There are lots of folks that have found use from CES. Trouble is there was really no list of members to get from there so kind of tough to spread the word.
Terry
Terry W

Postby JESS » July 26th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Don-
None of us know the whole CES story, and it would be unfair to speculate. I, Tom, (VBWHIZ) and Ken Cox, all felt we could create a better environment, and I feel we have. Ken has gone a different direction, and Tom has passed away. This forum was set up on the same tenets as CES, minus a judgemental factor, and seems to work quite well. I hope you enjoy the value of our libraries, tutorials, etc., and look forward to your participation. Depending on when you were on CES, (I remember you,) I was known as Jeco1, and still hold that presence here. All the information that was there, is here, and much more. I'm always open to helpful suggestions, feel free to IM me if you wish. Also, if you are aware of any more orphans from CES, please spread the word. Most of the former members are here, but not all-- Yet.
Respectfully-
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Rich » July 26th, 2015, 8:31 pm

Hearty welcome Don. It is good to see you here and I sure look forward to seeing some of your work and hearing your thoughts.
Rich

Postby ddamico361 » July 27th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Hello Don from upstate, western NY. I'm new here and new to the art. if you post some work, please let us know. David
David from western / upstate NY. Equipment-Husky 60gal compressor, 20gal pressure pot, small blast cabinet, Titan 15" vinyl cutter.
ddamico361

Return to The Parlor