• Advertisement

Hello from Murrieta California

Here is where we ask you to introduce yourself, and offer a name people will know you by.
  • Advertisement

Hello from Murrieta California

Postby BobH » July 13th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Hi, I'm Bob have I own Eagle's Mark awards and Signs. I have been in business for 12 years offering laser engraving, sand etching and full color UV direct print. We do a lot of different things have our clients are primarily organizations and military personnel. I am happy to share my graphics, knowledge and anything else I can offer to help others. I write for A&E Magazine and love to learn from others. See you all around the forum!
BobH

Re: Hello from Murrieta California

Postby JESS » July 13th, 2015, 2:17 pm

Hi Bob, and welcome. Glad you found us, and thanks for the introduction. Looking forward to learning more about direct print!
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby David Takes » July 13th, 2015, 2:43 pm

Hi Bob,

Nice to have you in the group. I thought I remembered you from the Awards and Personalization Association, but I see that you aren't a member. I must have you confused with someone else. Being in the awards business you should consider joining, especially if you enjoy sharing and learning from others.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Postby randypitcher » July 13th, 2015, 4:29 pm

Welcome from Mesa, AZ
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Postby BobH » July 13th, 2015, 4:45 pm

David, I was a member of ARA for a number of years. When they decided not to have the Las Vegas show end on Saturdays, we found it was too difficult to go as we could not close our doors for 3 days to go to the show. We finally ended our membership and now the only show we attend is the NBM show in Long Beach, CA.

I will share soon about UV direct print as I know it is new to many and a great flexible way to personalize a lot of different items.
BobH

Postby JESS » July 13th, 2015, 5:25 pm

Bob-
There is an almost constant discussion about glass paints, the biggest problem seems to be what is acceptable for drink ware, that might hold up to dishwashers & such. I have no doubt there will be much interest in UV inks, if they can pass that test, and if they are obtainable minus a printer cartridge.
Looking forward to your take!
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Charles » July 13th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Bob, Glad to have you here!!!
Charles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby David Takes » July 13th, 2015, 7:43 pm

I'm surprised to hear that the show schedule was the dealbreaker for your seeing value in the Association. For me, the coupon book savings alone covers the cost of membership. I've belonged for about 16 years and have only been to 3 shows. The show will never be on an acceptable day of the week for me because I work Monday through Saturday. To attend the show I have to close my business, which makes attending the show that much more expensive plus I'm not about to inconvenience my customers by being closed on a day where I am supposed to be open.

I'm curious to know if you are having success with the adhesion of the ink to glass and crystal products with your DCS printer. I have a couple industry friends who have not been comfortable with the adhesion from that unit. It seems like the Mimaki has been the printer of choice by most of the glass suppliers. Of course, their line of printers comes with the highest price tags.
Last edited by David Takes on July 14th, 2015, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Takes
Expressions Engraved
St. Joseph, Missouri
http://www.expressionsengraved.com
David Takes

Postby Kelly Harris » July 14th, 2015, 5:57 am

Welcome to the forum from Edmonton, Alberta.

Kelly
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby BobH » July 14th, 2015, 10:12 am

I will start a thread on UV Direct print in the proper place and yes, it prints on glass including bottles (wine and beer & other round bottles)
BobH

Return to The Parlor