• Advertisement

Hello and Intro-David -Upstate NY

Here is where we ask you to introduce yourself, and offer a name people will know you by.
  • Advertisement

Hello and Intro-David -Upstate NY

Postby ddamico361 » June 22nd, 2015, 8:14 pm

Hello everyone. David Damico here. I have signed up to this site to learn and share about sandblasting for creative purposes. I am just building my system with a Husky, 60lb air compressor from HD, a 40 gal pressure pot from HF and, a small blasting cabinet from Tractor Supply. I also own a Titan vinyl cutter for masking purposes.

I am a graphic design instructor by trade, and enjoy barbershop harmony singing as a hobby. I plan on doing creative typographic projects with my equipment once it is set up.

Glad to be here.

David Damico
LeRoy, NY
Last edited by ddamico361 on June 22nd, 2015, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ddamico361

Re: Hello and Intro-David -Upstate NY

Postby JESS » June 22nd, 2015, 8:47 pm

David-
Welcome, and thank you for the introduction. This site was built specifically for folks such as yourself, and I hope you find it useful. I hope you will share some of your knowledge about graphic design, and hope you will find helpful information here also.
On another front, I have been the bass position on a few very minor groups. Never very good, but had a ball!
I hope you find our forum useful!
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Charles » June 23rd, 2015, 4:22 am

Glad you found us Dave!!! Welcome to the Forum

Charles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby Kelly Harris » June 23rd, 2015, 6:07 am

Welcome from Edmonton, Alberta.
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby randypitcher » June 23rd, 2015, 8:26 am

Welcome from Mesa, AZ
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Postby ddamico361 » June 23rd, 2015, 9:27 pm

Thanks folks. It seems to be taking so long before I get started but I picked up so much of what I currently know from online sources rather than in person. I am hoping to have a proper voltage outlet installed soon to run the compressor. I'd upload an avatar but I guess I must be a member before I do so. I love that we are so diverse in our locations.
ddamico361

Postby ddamico361 » June 23rd, 2015, 9:30 pm

Oh, Jess, I have found that singing barbershop harmony is as much about the camaraderie and making others smile as it is about being the best. It just fills me!
ddamico361

Postby JESS » June 23rd, 2015, 10:17 pm

David-
Love the chest rumble, and the audience reaction. I'm somewhat past it now, getting too old, and can no longer hold the chords that I once could, but when I can get together with some of the old pals, it still seems like yesterday. I really love Acapella, And Barbershop promotes it. I hope you continue to promote audiological Harmony, but here, I hope you will take advantage of the information collected to advance your skills as a sandblaster/carver. You will find, as a singer, you may impress someone today. As a blaster/carver, you will leave a lasting legacy, that will draw attention for many years into the future. Our craft creates heirlooms, (if properly made,) that will become a part of history. An image carved in glass, or any other solid material, will become the hieroglyphics of future generations, recording our lives for the future folks to laugh at. Or, for the folks spawned by us, to say, " My, what an innovative group they must have been!"

Regardless, I wish you good fortune, and look forward to seeing your progression.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Return to The Parlor