• Advertisement

Hello from NC

Here is where we ask you to introduce yourself, and offer a name people will know you by.
  • Advertisement

Hello from NC

Postby DesignMine » May 2nd, 2015, 12:16 pm

I have been registered on the forum for a long time but more of a lurker than anything. Thought it might be time to finally say hello!
DesignMine

Re: Hello from NC

Postby Rich » May 2nd, 2015, 1:55 pm

thanks for saying hello. Tell us a little more about what you want to accomplish here. Are you currently etching? Do you have or want to have a business related to etching? What type of etching are you doing (glass, stone, awards, hobby, professional, etc.). From your handle it sounds like to make your own designs. Tell us more, please.

Regards
Rich

Postby Charles » May 2nd, 2015, 2:49 pm

Nice to get to meet ya, glad you checked in, what name would you have us call ya!!

CHarles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby DesignMine » May 3rd, 2015, 11:34 am

I own a small business called Design Mine Graphics. It started out in 2010 just wanting to make a some decals for me and an ATV club I was in. Well that quickly grew from a hobby to a business. I now do cut vinyl, printed vinyl, sublimation (coffee mugs, license plates, signs etc), screen printing (the bulk of my work now is screen printing). I went to a NBM show a couple of years ago and got very interested in sand carving after visiting the Razyzist and Ikonics booths. I bought the 'starter' kit from Rayzist and have used some of the R3 from Ikonics. I put together my own blast cabinet from one I modified from HF. I am also using a HF pressure pot and a PAB gun. I have a lot to learn but I have learned a lot along the way. I am mostly doing etched glasses (have dabbled in some stone and a few bottles) I can do a lot of design but I have been using Will at Excalibur for a lot of my more difficult vectorization (been using his services for a few years and ALWAYS happy with him!)

You can see some of my work on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/DesignMineGraphics
Daryl Jones
Design Mine Graphics
https://www.facebook.com/DesignMineGraphics
DesignMine

Postby randypitcher » May 5th, 2015, 11:01 am

Welcome from Mesa, AZ

I just tried to create a vinyl decal for a friend. It is harder than it looks!!
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Postby wayne p » May 5th, 2015, 12:41 pm

Welcome from Fayettenam. would like to know where yer located and look forward to seeing your work.
wayne p

Postby DesignMine » May 5th, 2015, 7:52 pm

I am in Greensboro, NC.

Randy, I have been doing vinyl for a while. I would be happy to help if you need it or have any questions! Don't hesitate to ask!
Daryl Jones
Design Mine Graphics
https://www.facebook.com/DesignMineGraphics
DesignMine

Return to The Parlor