• Advertisement

Yet another UK boy

Here is where we ask you to introduce yourself, and offer a name people will know you by.
  • Advertisement

Yet another UK boy

Postby paulr » April 5th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Hi
Coming back to Glass work after a break of over 3 years to restore my 1986 Panther Kallista which is now on the road and turning heads. I had been making and repairing stained glass since around 87 as an amateur and got into glass etching as an edition to the stained glass work and it kind of took over. I have bought a used but very good Hydrovane compressor built a pressure pot and large cabinet and have acquired my first commission for 2 Art Nouveau door panels. So I'm off;
I hope to learn lots of new techniques on the forum and am currently making a glass chipper to add a little something to my flat work. looking forward to the future.
Paul
paulr

Re: Yet another UK boy

Postby JESS » April 5th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Paul-
Welcome, and thank you for the introduction. There is a good tutorial here on chipping, maybe it will help. [Here]
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Charles » April 6th, 2015, 4:18 am

Paul welcome to the forum

Charles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby randypitcher » April 6th, 2015, 6:53 pm

Welcome from Mesa, AZ
Started researching, studying and reading in February 2010. First piece etched on March 11, 2011
CrystalBlast 3624 cabinet, Home Depot 3.2 h.p. air compressor, CorelDraw X5, ADP2400 Plotter
randypitcher

Postby Coppers Lot » April 9th, 2015, 10:35 am

Hello again Paul.
Do you still have all the home-built stuff as well mate?
40lb pressure pot with inga mods, compressor,leaky cabinet thingy with syphon,letralite with red thingy,graphtec 3000-60 BRAND NEW = 1/8" PAB Gun and tips. Special Pressure Poy for Xmas.
http://www.worldofglasscraft.com
Coppers Lot

Postby paulr » April 9th, 2015, 1:05 pm

I'm afraid to say I have been very foolish, Glass, kiln, grinder, ring saw, UV unit and masking plus all my special tools have all gone. luckily no one bought my PAB gun when on eBay but still have my cutting machine and a bit of know how left so will start over again, even lost most of my designs. As i said a fool.
paulr

Postby Coppers Lot » April 9th, 2015, 1:25 pm

I'll dig up what designs I have and help you out mate.
40lb pressure pot with inga mods, compressor,leaky cabinet thingy with syphon,letralite with red thingy,graphtec 3000-60 BRAND NEW = 1/8" PAB Gun and tips. Special Pressure Poy for Xmas.
http://www.worldofglasscraft.com
Coppers Lot

Return to The Parlor