• Advertisement

New member from TN

Here is where we ask you to introduce yourself, and offer a name people will know you by.
  • Advertisement

New member from TN

Postby MetalRevival » August 2nd, 2019, 5:20 am

Hi folks!
We are a small restoration shop in Middle TN and our services include sandblasting, priming, and painting. We’ve done projects ranging from Presidential fountains to prepping parts on the Aerosmith van. Fun stuff and we never know what’s going to come through the door next. Recently we bought an Ibix system to strip lacquer and varnish off wood using superfine grits up to 350 mesh garnet. After some experimenting we realized we can etch glass. That started the research phase and I happened upon this forum. Our goal is to get up to speed on basic etching, develop a sample portfolio, and test the waters to see if we can offer this as an additional service. I’m really thankful this forum exists!

Jeff Boggs
Metal Revival
http://www.MetalRevival.net
Instagram: metal_revival
MetalRevival

Re: New member from TN

Postby Charles » August 2nd, 2019, 6:18 am

Welcome Jeff, Glad you found us, delighted to see you here!! Lots of talent here!!!

Charles
Charles Mckenzie
McKenzie Monuments Inc.
3450 N. St. Louis St.
Batesville, AR 72501
870-793-3216
Charles

Postby JESS » August 2nd, 2019, 10:00 am

Jeff-
Welcome, and thank you for the introduction. You will find plenty of tips & tricks here.
Jess
JESS
Site Admin

Postby Coppers Lot » August 2nd, 2019, 11:02 am

Welcome from the UK , Jeff
Ace Blaster, compressor,leaky cabinet thingy with syphon,letralite with red thingy,graphtec 3000-60. 1/8" PAB Gun and tips.
http://www.worldofglasscraft.com
Coppers Lot

Postby Kelly Harris » August 12th, 2019, 6:22 am

Welcome to the forum! Is that the same van that was on American Pickers?
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Postby MetalRevival » August 12th, 2019, 6:39 am

Hi Kelly,
Yes it’s that same van. I was asked to lightly blast several parts of the original van and many sections of the donor van. When blasting metal I use 40/80 crushed glass. But I recently purchased an Ibix unit that enables me to blast from 120 - 350 mesh garnet and it has opened up a ton of possibilities, including glass. I’m reading every post on this forum to get acquainted with the processes and just downloaded a file of scroll art that I had a friend cut with his plotter. I blasted a sample piece of glass with 200 garnet and the results were pretty darn good. I’d post a pic but it’s a real challenge photographing glass!
MetalRevival

Postby Kelly Harris » August 13th, 2019, 5:50 am

MetalRevival wrote:Hi Kelly,
Yes it’s that same van. I was asked to lightly blast several parts of the original van and many sections of the donor van. When blasting metal I use 40/80 crushed glass. But I recently purchased an Ibix unit that enables me to blast from 120 - 350 mesh garnet and it has opened up a ton of possibilities, including glass. I’m reading every post on this forum to get acquainted with the processes and just downloaded a file of scroll art that I had a friend cut with his plotter. I blasted a sample piece of glass with 200 garnet and the results were pretty darn good. I’d post a pic but it’s a real challenge photographing glass!

What a fun opportunity to work on such a cool piece of history like that!

I'm glad you're having a good time blasting glass. If you're not addicted yet, you soon will be. :)
PS CS2, CD X4, Acer laptop, Canon 700F scanner, HP laserjet 1600 printer, Epson Stylus 1400 printer, Intuos 4 tablet, Letralite, Summa D610 plotter, 2 cabinets, 2 pressure pots, 60 gallon air compressor, Fuji S8100 DSLR.

Kelegant Studios
Kelly Harris

Return to The Parlor